Monday, August 1, 2011

Hit the Ground Running...Literally

Evening everyone, hope everybody had a great weekend! I rested up this weekend cause I knew come this week we are starting PT (physical training). Have to be honest with you, (and I am crossing my fingers that my instructors skim over this part) I think that we are getting off easy compared to what I was expecting. Monday, we had a team run that included some push ups. In class, we covered Leadership and reviewed the Criminal Process all afternoon.

Our Leadership class taught us what characteristics we need to have as well as those we may need to work on in our career. We had an exercise where we had to practice different situations that involved taking leadership. It was a good exercise, and the instructors did a great job making the situation as realistic as possible.

Our Criminal Process lecture covered subjects such as our Bill of Rights, our court system, and the Country’s judicial process. I never realized just how in depth these topics are and how much information is involved. I am excited to learn more about it.

Today started off with some PT this morning...below is some pictures of what we accomplished.




Getting ready to stretch


On our way


Sprints anyone?


How about some lunges....


We had Preliminary Investigations this afternoon...which was AWESOME! This course has probably taught me the most thus far in the academy. Our instructor, Investigator Battan, knows her stuff. She is so passionate about her job which makes learning from her so easy and interesting. We were taught how to initially respond and secure a crime scene, as well as conducting a preliminary investigation. We ended the class with a few different scenarios that we were all able to participate in. Come to find out these “scenarios” were real situations that took place. Our class did a great job securing the crime scenes and starting our preliminary investigations in the scenarios.

I am excited for the new classes to come and will let you know what we learn soon enough!