Tuesday, August 9, 2011

First Assessment


We all knew this was coming...but the hammer came down! Friday morning started our soreness for this past weekend, thank you Deputy Joselyn! We were asked to do as many push-ups and sit-ups that we could do in a minute, as well as a mile and a half run. We have a fit class, but I think overall our classmate Lance could just about run circles around anyone. Lance finished his run in around 10:30! I thought I did well to my standards, but was blown away by our class winner...Ryan. Ryan accomplished 83 push-ups, 54 sit-ups, and had a time of 11:05 for the mile and a half run! Great work Ryan!

We then headed into class for our first written test of the academy. I will be honest with you...I was unprepared. Although I was disappointed at how I did on the test, I was proud of our class as a whole. I am proud because they are my peers who will be out on the streets, in the County jails, or even end up in Ward :) (inside joke) and they are preparing themselves for success. I write this knowing that I will not let myself or my classmates down again for the entire academy.

Friday ended with our last section of Search and Seizure. We concluded the class with discussions about different cases that involved the laws of search and seizure. Below is a couple pictures from that exercise.

More soon to come...